- Make sure you get around people who motivate you and inspire you. “You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with” Jim Rohn. Your inner circle and to a greater extent, your network are extremely influential. This is imperative. Many people have stated your net worth is determined by your network.
- Build rituals and standards into each and every day. Change comes from making a little progress every day. Don’t try and change all at once rather build a foundation day by day. People consistently refer back to their standards so make sure they are ethical, congruent with your beliefs, positive, uplifting and progressive. I would look at the standards and rituals of the most “successful” and people who you aspire to learn from. “Stand on the shoulders of giants.” John lee Dumas
- Always be learning and educating yourself. The more you know, the more value you can bring to the marketplace. “If you want life to get better, you must get better. If you want life to change, you must change first.” Jim Rohn
- Do more, give more and help more. The more you help other people and make their lives a better place, the more your life will improve. You always get back what you give out. Make the world a better place and yours will improve as well. In studying the top 1%, many if not all give back and help other people. They are always giving and helping.
- In the new book “Tools Of Titans” from Tim Ferris, he mentions that the upper echelon or top performers spend at least 15 minutes a day meditating or in quiet time. They discuss how this is imperative for their productivity and it helps bring clarity to their life. I highly recommend it as well.