12 Tips from Mark Waldman to Motivate Your Brain to Succeed:
1. Make a list of all your passions, desires, and wishes.
2. Identify your core inner values.
3. Identify the 3 most important passions that are aligned with your values.
4. Ask yourself: do you have the skills needed to engage your passion and achieve specific goals? If not, do you have enough passion to learn those skills?
5. Map out a specific goal-oriented strategy built around your passion and values.
6. Identify your sabotage behaviors and thoughts.
7. Come up with specific counter-strategies for each sabotage behavior.
8. Find an accountability partner who will reward you each time you achieve a specific goal in a specific period of time.
9. Give yourself “pleasure” incentives every step along the way.
10. Replace every negative thought or feeling with 5-7 positive ones…write them down!
11. At day’s end, write down 3 things you did well and 3 things you feel grateful for.
12. Don’t ever give up!
Source: John Assaraf FB.