Botanicals to treat IBS naturally:
- Removing high FODMAPs for a period of time.
- Botanical antimicrobials (high dose Peppermint oil, Oregano oil)
- Bone broth, L-glutamine, DGL, marshmallow root for gut soothing/rebuilding.
- Antimicrobial botanicals like olive leaf extract, uva ursi, cat’s claw, yerba mansa, coptis, artemesia, sida, et cetera.
- Nutrients like Lauricidin or lauric acid, which are antimicrobial.
- High doses of soil-based probiotics to try to reinoculate with good bacteria (Prescript Assist, Primal Defense Ultra)
- Gradual reintroduction of FODMAPs and fermented foods to help feed the good bacteria